2 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, plus 1/4 cup flour - divided
1/3 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 cup buttermilk - I used buttermilk powder with water
2/3 cup raisins
-Preheat oven to 325*.
-Line large cookie sheet with parchment powder. I used PAM.
-Whisk together 2 3/4 cup flour with sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in raisins. I added the buttermilk powder at this stage.
-In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and buttermilk. I added the water that goes with the buttermilk powder here.
-Stir buttermilk-egg mixture into dry ingredients using a wooden spoon. Mix until just combined.
-Take remaining 1/4 cup of flour and sprinkle onto work surface. Lightly flour hands and turn and knead dough to incorporate the flour. Form the dough into a 6 inch round and place on cookie sheet and cut a deep "x" in the top of the loaf.
-Bake until toothpick [or knife] inserted in center comes clean or about 60 minutes. I took mine out after 48 minutes.
-Transfer to cooling rack.
Yummy - when do I get a piece?
ReplyDeleteJuly maybe. If Mama will let me anywhere near her kitchen. And if she lets me clean it. And keep the dishes washed.
ReplyDeleteWow, looks tasty. You can always come to Seattle and bake it, we'll even clean up the kitchen afterwards for you ;)
ReplyDelete